Wow, three posts in three days. What's the occassion?
I came across a photography site some time ago when looking for some actions for my Photoshop. Let's face it, actions take the angst out of editing, especially when one finds photoshop very daunting. I've been trying to teach myself various functions of photoshop, but it has been very slow going. Actions just take all the hair pulling out of editing and make the time you spend editing way way less that it would normally be. Plus, you can tweak actions to fit your own personal style. See, it's just a win win:)
I stumbled upon "Paint the Moon Photography" when I was searching for some high quality professional actions. I actually thought that I had found another photography site that I love, but then I quickly realized that she sold her actions that she uses as a professional. She creates her own actions that you can manipulate.
Sold. And SOLD.
And really, I don't find them that unaffordable. Granted I could spend $200 there and not bat an eye, but I'm still a novice at using actions. Baby steps. Baby steps.
So I happened to check back with her to just remind myself of my wish list, and I saw that she was offering a free action for saying you "Liked" it on Facebook, for a limited time. Well SHOOT! I don't do facebook. BUT MY HUBBY DOES!!! :)
I ran downstairs. LITERALLY. I literally barreled my way downstairs. I'm glad my kids weren't there cause they would have probably gotten an elbow and thrown into the wall as I cycloned my way downstairs.
I made Doug put his movie on pause and explained to him what I wanted. Which was a very big deal because he had rented Inception the day prior but was only just getting around to some quiet time before I very spastically made him follow me upstairs.
Here's how it went down. He puts the movie on pause, runs upstairs, with me close on his heels like a labrador, and sits down at the computer. I show him the link to click on and as I try to explain more in depth he brings up facebook with such swiftness it would've shamed any olympic runner, and logs in. I am still jabbering at what an awesome thing this is and try to explain to him when he says, "No offense hon, but I just want to get this up for you and return to the movie."
No offense taken I assured him, and then he bolted back downstairs leaving me with this stupid grin on my face like I'd just discovered my computer made gold and was in the process of spitting it out at me.
Truly people, this stuff excites me. And when you can get it for free, OH MY WORD. How totally generous was Paint the Moon to share her stuff. Granted, I was going to buy a couple action sets (hopefully) in the next couple of months, so this was just the appetizer to the main course if you know what I mean.
Finally sat down to figure out how the action works. I pulled up this school photo of Zak. Here's the one I edited. And I still like it very much.
So then I took the original SOOC.....
and ran the Jubilee action.
WOW. Talk about professional grade. Most of the actions I use don't have nearly the layers that this one has. There was something like 15-20 layers that can be tweaked. 15 to 20!!! All to achieve different results when adjusting the opacity.
Oh my gosh I've died and gone to heaven.
This woman is absolutely amazing! I am in awe of her abilities. Truly. And she isn't paying me to say this or, really, even knows I'm alive. I'm just giving credit where credit is due. To create these kinds of actions is just...wow.
So here's what I came up with after playing with Jubilee for a few minutes.
Or this one. I decided I didn't want the center that bleached out.
Thank you thank you "Paint the Moon" for letting us mere mortals try your amazing actions!
I am in love! :)
Where the Crazy turns into something Amazing
About Me
- kristin
- I'm a stay at home mom who's found blogging to be the best way to vent rationally. I love spending time with my family. This blog is my journal, since I find journaling to be somewhat tedious, so if you visit often, just know that things will be "real."
My Motivating Quote
Pull up your big girl panties and figure it out!
Friday, January 7, 2011
New Actions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Older Posts
Quest with a camera
Journal Jar Prattle
Blogging is Good for You
Completely Engrossed
Fast-idious Genes
Half Assedness
In the Mind of a 4 yr. old
Moral Mirrors
My Crazy LIfe
My Epiphany
No Secrets in This House
One of THOSE days
Orange Chicken
Potty Training 1 year later
The Main Reason I BLog
Trauma Drama
Blog Archive
-
►
2012
(11)
- ► 12/30 - 01/06 (1)
- ► 12/16 - 12/23 (2)
- ► 10/21 - 10/28 (1)
- ► 09/09 - 09/16 (1)
- ► 01/22 - 01/29 (1)
- ► 01/15 - 01/22 (1)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (2)
- ► 01/01 - 01/08 (2)
-
▼
2011
(43)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (2)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (2)
- ► 11/27 - 12/04 (2)
- ► 11/13 - 11/20 (4)
- ► 11/06 - 11/13 (4)
- ► 08/14 - 08/21 (2)
- ► 07/24 - 07/31 (1)
- ► 07/03 - 07/10 (1)
- ► 06/26 - 07/03 (1)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (2)
- ► 05/29 - 06/05 (1)
- ► 05/08 - 05/15 (1)
- ► 04/24 - 05/01 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 04/10 - 04/17 (1)
- ► 04/03 - 04/10 (2)
- ► 03/27 - 04/03 (1)
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (1)
- ► 03/06 - 03/13 (2)
- ► 02/27 - 03/06 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (2)
- ► 01/30 - 02/06 (1)
- ► 01/23 - 01/30 (1)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
-
►
2010
(42)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (4)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (2)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (1)
- ► 10/31 - 11/07 (2)
- ► 10/17 - 10/24 (1)
- ► 09/12 - 09/19 (1)
- ► 09/05 - 09/12 (1)
- ► 08/29 - 09/05 (1)
- ► 08/22 - 08/29 (2)
- ► 08/15 - 08/22 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (2)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (2)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/13 - 06/20 (1)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (1)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (1)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (1)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (2)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (1)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (2)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (1)
-
►
2009
(31)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (1)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (1)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (1)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (2)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (1)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (1)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (1)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (3)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (1)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (2)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (1)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (2)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (2)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (1)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (1)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (1)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (1)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (2)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (1)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (1)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (1)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (1)
-
►
2008
(59)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (1)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (2)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (2)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (1)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (1)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (1)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (1)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (1)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (1)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (2)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (1)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (1)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (3)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (3)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (1)
- ► 07/20 - 07/27 (2)
- ► 07/13 - 07/20 (3)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (3)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (1)
- ► 06/22 - 06/29 (2)
- ► 06/15 - 06/22 (2)
- ► 06/08 - 06/15 (2)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (3)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (1)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (1)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
- ► 04/13 - 04/20 (1)
- ► 04/06 - 04/13 (2)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (2)
- ► 03/16 - 03/23 (1)
- ► 03/09 - 03/16 (1)
- ► 03/02 - 03/09 (1)
- ► 01/27 - 02/03 (1)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (1)
Photography Sites I love
My Blog List
-
-
5 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
-
15 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
18 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
-
-
15 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
7 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
-
14 years ago
-
-
-
Funny Things The Kids Say
One day Andon and I were talking about our hearts. He asked me how they worked, I gave him an explanation a 4 y r old could understand, (the only one I understand.) The very next day, I said something to Zak. Something that went along the lines of, "quit that!" or some such demand. Andon then says to me: "Mommy, listen to your heart. That's not very nice." Needless to say I felt like a complete and total toad. Just goes to show that you can always learn more from your children than you could ever teach them yourself.While we were camping, Andon and our friend's son were sitting next to one another. Brayden who is 15 says to Andon, "I've known you since you were a baby." Andon replies, "I've known me since I was a baby too!"
Brittnee is our funny bone. The things she says sometimes are so dang funny! One day, as she was walking by Doug she says, "Hello, my good man." We both looked at her and we both began cracking up. This is how she's referred to him lately.
I was sitting on the couch taking a breather after dinner and Andon walks past me into the kitchen. He had a car in his hand and as he walked by the fridge he must have dropped it because I heard him say, "tartar sauce!" I suppose I should limit his sponge bob watching.
I was in the car with the kids coming home from Britt's tap class and she was telling me about the school BBQ that day. She mentioned that her friend got sick. I asked her what happened and she said, "Layla has lots of diseases so she had to go home." I didn't think I heard her clearly, so I repeated back, "diseases?" Britt said, "Yes, Diseases." By this time I was truly perplexed because I knew she didn't really mean disease, but I couldn't figure out what she DID mean. Then Teaghan pipes up and says, "You mean ALLERGIES?" Brittnee says, "Oh yeah, that's what it is. ALLERGIES!" I laughed heartily, the kind where your shoulders shake and your stomach hurts.
We were at the school today, and on one of the playgrounds is these cubes that turn. On them are the states and their capitols. There's quite a few of them, and they're all blue. Zakry starts playing with them and turning them all, and then I hear, "mommy, look, a car wash." I suppose the large blue cubes reminded him of the car wash we went on last week. So funny!!

3 comments:
Looks great. You need to teach me how to use and apply the actions. I have no clue, but would love to learn.
Michelle, I would love to help you. It's not really all that hard once you gain a basic understanding of photoshop. Just give me a call and you can come on over and see my stuff, or if you have your own, I could come over there.
L-O-V-E what you've done to the pics!!! Im going to tell my friend about that site......ur awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment