Zak's training wheel came off. First it started loosening itself no matter how many times I tightened it. I was very afraid that as fast he pedals that bike and takes corners, that there was impending doom coming my way. Right before spring break, Doug took off his training wheels. Andon came running into the house, yelling that I needed to come see Zak ride a two-wheeler. Needless to say I was very nervous, and quite honestly I thought he would not be very happy about it. He tends to not like change so much. But the child is always amazing me with the things I don't think he'd ever be okay with, like when he got up to bear his testimony a couple Sundays ago.
Still in unbelief about that one. Doug and I just looked at each other in shock as Zak made his way to the pulpit. Just when I think I know him, he ups and changes everything. I always feel like I'm at square one with this child:) It is NEVER boring in my house. So needless to say, I shouldn't have been at all surprised when it took him twice, yes TWICE, TWO times of Doug holding on to him before he was off and running. The kid has no fear!!
And yes, he wears a helmet normally. Sometimes dad doesn't remember, but mom does. :)
Check out Doug's shorts. Finally got him to buy some new pairs. (Shaking of the head.)
The next day saw a few new "owies."
For Easter I made some easter baskets. We had quite a few leftover fruit cartons from the activity we did for the Stake Activity Day Girls, so I made easter baskets out of them. I got the idea from somewhere in blogland, but unfortunately, and so like me it is....I misplaced that information. Tweaked the idea just a bit to fit my needs, but all in all I think they turned out quite nice:)
Where the Crazy turns into something Amazing
About Me
- kristin
- I'm a stay at home mom who's found blogging to be the best way to vent rationally. I love spending time with my family. This blog is my journal, since I find journaling to be somewhat tedious, so if you visit often, just know that things will be "real."
My Motivating Quote
Pull up your big girl panties and figure it out!
Monday, April 25, 2011
Training Wheels are off and so is He!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Older Posts
Quest with a camera
Journal Jar Prattle
Blogging is Good for You
Completely Engrossed
Fast-idious Genes
Half Assedness
In the Mind of a 4 yr. old
Moral Mirrors
My Crazy LIfe
My Epiphany
No Secrets in This House
One of THOSE days
Orange Chicken
Potty Training 1 year later
The Main Reason I BLog
Trauma Drama
Blog Archive
-
►
2012
(11)
- ► 12/30 - 01/06 (1)
- ► 12/16 - 12/23 (2)
- ► 10/21 - 10/28 (1)
- ► 09/09 - 09/16 (1)
- ► 01/22 - 01/29 (1)
- ► 01/15 - 01/22 (1)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (2)
- ► 01/01 - 01/08 (2)
-
▼
2011
(43)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (2)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (2)
- ► 11/27 - 12/04 (2)
- ► 11/13 - 11/20 (4)
- ► 11/06 - 11/13 (4)
- ► 08/14 - 08/21 (2)
- ► 07/24 - 07/31 (1)
- ► 07/03 - 07/10 (1)
- ► 06/26 - 07/03 (1)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (2)
- ► 05/29 - 06/05 (1)
- ► 05/08 - 05/15 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 04/10 - 04/17 (1)
- ► 04/03 - 04/10 (2)
- ► 03/27 - 04/03 (1)
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (1)
- ► 03/06 - 03/13 (2)
- ► 02/27 - 03/06 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (2)
- ► 01/30 - 02/06 (1)
- ► 01/23 - 01/30 (1)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/02 - 01/09 (4)
-
►
2010
(42)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (4)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (2)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (1)
- ► 10/31 - 11/07 (2)
- ► 10/17 - 10/24 (1)
- ► 09/12 - 09/19 (1)
- ► 09/05 - 09/12 (1)
- ► 08/29 - 09/05 (1)
- ► 08/22 - 08/29 (2)
- ► 08/15 - 08/22 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (2)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (2)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/13 - 06/20 (1)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (1)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (1)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (1)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (2)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (1)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (2)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (1)
-
►
2009
(31)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (1)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (1)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (1)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (2)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (1)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (1)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (1)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (3)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (1)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (2)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (1)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (2)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (2)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (1)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (1)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (1)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (1)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (2)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (1)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (1)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (1)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (1)
-
►
2008
(59)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (1)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (2)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (2)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (1)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (1)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (1)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (1)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (1)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (1)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (2)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (1)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (1)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (3)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (3)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (1)
- ► 07/20 - 07/27 (2)
- ► 07/13 - 07/20 (3)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (3)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (1)
- ► 06/22 - 06/29 (2)
- ► 06/15 - 06/22 (2)
- ► 06/08 - 06/15 (2)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (3)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (1)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (1)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
- ► 04/13 - 04/20 (1)
- ► 04/06 - 04/13 (2)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (2)
- ► 03/16 - 03/23 (1)
- ► 03/09 - 03/16 (1)
- ► 03/02 - 03/09 (1)
- ► 01/27 - 02/03 (1)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (1)
Photography Sites I love
My Blog List
-
-
5 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
-
15 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
18 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
-
-
15 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
7 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
-
14 years ago
-
-
-
Funny Things The Kids Say
One day Andon and I were talking about our hearts. He asked me how they worked, I gave him an explanation a 4 y r old could understand, (the only one I understand.) The very next day, I said something to Zak. Something that went along the lines of, "quit that!" or some such demand. Andon then says to me: "Mommy, listen to your heart. That's not very nice." Needless to say I felt like a complete and total toad. Just goes to show that you can always learn more from your children than you could ever teach them yourself.While we were camping, Andon and our friend's son were sitting next to one another. Brayden who is 15 says to Andon, "I've known you since you were a baby." Andon replies, "I've known me since I was a baby too!"
Brittnee is our funny bone. The things she says sometimes are so dang funny! One day, as she was walking by Doug she says, "Hello, my good man." We both looked at her and we both began cracking up. This is how she's referred to him lately.
I was sitting on the couch taking a breather after dinner and Andon walks past me into the kitchen. He had a car in his hand and as he walked by the fridge he must have dropped it because I heard him say, "tartar sauce!" I suppose I should limit his sponge bob watching.
I was in the car with the kids coming home from Britt's tap class and she was telling me about the school BBQ that day. She mentioned that her friend got sick. I asked her what happened and she said, "Layla has lots of diseases so she had to go home." I didn't think I heard her clearly, so I repeated back, "diseases?" Britt said, "Yes, Diseases." By this time I was truly perplexed because I knew she didn't really mean disease, but I couldn't figure out what she DID mean. Then Teaghan pipes up and says, "You mean ALLERGIES?" Brittnee says, "Oh yeah, that's what it is. ALLERGIES!" I laughed heartily, the kind where your shoulders shake and your stomach hurts.
We were at the school today, and on one of the playgrounds is these cubes that turn. On them are the states and their capitols. There's quite a few of them, and they're all blue. Zakry starts playing with them and turning them all, and then I hear, "mommy, look, a car wash." I suppose the large blue cubes reminded him of the car wash we went on last week. So funny!!

6 comments:
Wa-hoo Zak, way to go! Now, can you guys come teach Nolan! :) Way cute Eater stuff, by the way, you are just way arty farty! :) But I might have to steal the idea for next year!
Way to go Zak!!!! It is so much more fun to ride a bike without training wheels. Watch the corners though. I like the ideas for Easter Baskets. They are way cute.
I love Doug's shorts, I think I just barely threw away the same shorts of Aaron's! Good Job Zak! How do you have time to make these amazing things? I can barely juggle napping and sleeping, lol:)
I laughed at your helmet comment. I always forget to make the kids wear helmets. Fortunately - Sarina has started reminding me lately :)
Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment, and in flip flops no less!!! That's just our style! Love it!!!!
Haha, I hadn't noticed Doug's shorts, I did catch his bare feet.....that's a father's love, running down the street with no shoes to help his son learn to ride ;)!
Great job, Zak! And congrats to Doug for getting new shorts! I was actually laughing about his bare feet and didn't notice the shorts. Cute Easter goodies ideas - I will have to file that away for new year.
Post a Comment