Where the Crazy turns into something Amazing

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom who's found blogging to be the best way to vent rationally. I love spending time with my family. This blog is my journal, since I find journaling to be somewhat tedious, so if you visit often, just know that things will be "real."

My Motivating Quote

Pull up your big girl panties and figure it out!

Friday, August 22, 2008

New Addition/Edition

Here's the newest addition to the family. No, I'm not prego and really, that would take a miracle not seen since the likes of Moses. No, this ones not as demanding, can feed itself, put itself to bed, and entertain itself, for the most part. However, he whimpers and cries at night like nobody's business!!

We waited 8 weeks for this little guy!

Introducing ARCHIBALD VON NIBBLES
or ARCHIE for short. I tent to shorten even nicknames so he's now become Arch. How sad is that. Ah well, that's just who I am.




Isn't this just the cutest face?!! I've so fallen in love with this dog it's mildly pathetic. I'm the one who dragged my feet for years about getting a pet. ANY PET. Well, there was the goldfish 6 years ago. But you know what happens to goldfish right? I finally relented. And in doing so, this little boy has found it's way into my heart. I just love him!



What kind of dog is he? He's a Dauchsand. If I wasn't so lazy I'd go look up the spelling on his pedigree chart. But alas, I am. In layman's terms, he's a short hair, black and tan weiner dog. And he is adorable! He's extremely playful, has such a great personality, prances like he's a deer, and loves hair. And I love to watch his back end. It's like watching a cross between a bowlegged cowboy and a pitbull. I tell ya, that little touchie is sooo cute! I'll have to wait for another post to show you. The light's gotta be just right. (JK!)

Thanks to Aaron and Melissa for letting us take one of their puppies home! We're so going to enjoy being his family.


On another note, I meant to post these a week ago. This is Andon and his cousin/best friend Treven. They went on their first train ride, Amtrak, with Grandma and Uncle Erik down to San Fran. THey rode BART and a bus and they thought it was the most fun! I just love these two! Even though Treven isn't mine, I so love him like he is. I'm thrilled that they're the same age and like each other. Way to go guys!



9 comments:

Tasha said...

Please don't tell Aaron you got a dog!!! He has been begging for one ever since Adam and Mindy got theres..........Kenley is deathly afraid though and I am not much of an "animal person"--He is really cute though:)

Mosley Family said...

Even though I am not a fan of any animal...ARCH is totally adorable. Congrats on the newbie!

Cheralyn said...

Oh my goodness! Puppies are so cute!!! It almost makes me want to try again with the whole dog thing.... almost :)

Nicole said...

He is a handsome lil pooch. I told cam that when I when I get baby fever to just buy me a puppy, way less work if you ask me.

krisha said...

Even though he is so very cute I think I'll stick with the fish. I bet the kids are enjoying him! Wish Andon and Zak were closer to play with my boys but then again that might be inviting trouble into the mix.

Kimmy said...

Oh! must be the season for getting puppies! We just got one on Saturday, that we have been waiting forever for! I never thought I would want a puppy, but now that he is here, I can't stop playing with him! Have fun with yours!!!!

Amanda said...

All Andon wanted to talk about in class on Sunday was Archie. He was so excited about your "New Addition/Edition!"

Stephanie said...

We are hopefully getting a daschund in about 6 weeks. Maybe they'll be friends and we can have playdates at the park...yah right who am I kidding, I don't even do that with my kids!

Anonymous said...

cute mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Archive

TCBOTB

Funny Things The Kids Say

One day Andon and I were talking about our hearts. He asked me how they worked, I gave him an explanation a 4 y r old could understand, (the only one I understand.) The very next day, I said something to Zak. Something that went along the lines of, "quit that!" or some such demand. Andon then says to me: "Mommy, listen to your heart. That's not very nice." Needless to say I felt like a complete and total toad. Just goes to show that you can always learn more from your children than you could ever teach them yourself.

While we were camping, Andon and our friend's son were sitting next to one another. Brayden who is 15 says to Andon, "I've known you since you were a baby." Andon replies, "I've known me since I was a baby too!"



Brittnee is our funny bone. The things she says sometimes are so dang funny! One day, as she was walking by Doug she says, "Hello, my good man." We both looked at her and we both began cracking up. This is how she's referred to him lately.



I was sitting on the couch taking a breather after dinner and Andon walks past me into the kitchen. He had a car in his hand and as he walked by the fridge he must have dropped it because I heard him say, "tartar sauce!" I suppose I should limit his sponge bob watching.


I was in the car with the kids coming home from Britt's tap class and she was telling me about the school BBQ that day. She mentioned that her friend got sick. I asked her what happened and she said, "Layla has lots of diseases so she had to go home." I didn't think I heard her clearly, so I repeated back, "diseases?" Britt said, "Yes, Diseases." By this time I was truly perplexed because I knew she didn't really mean disease, but I couldn't figure out what she DID mean. Then Teaghan pipes up and says, "You mean ALLERGIES?" Brittnee says, "Oh yeah, that's what it is. ALLERGIES!" I laughed heartily, the kind where your shoulders shake and your stomach hurts.


We were at the school today, and on one of the playgrounds is these cubes that turn. On them are the states and their capitols. There's quite a few of them, and they're all blue. Zakry starts playing with them and turning them all, and then I hear, "mommy, look, a car wash." I suppose the large blue cubes reminded him of the car wash we went on last week. So funny!!