I always feel like my hubby's getting shafted on Father's Day cause it's always Stake Conference. He doesn't feel that way however, I just think we miss out on the cute primary kids singing for their dads. I know, the kids sang last week, and they get cookies after conference is over, but it's just not the same. I mean, it's Father's Day AND Stake Conference. Which one is top priority?! Awwww, the torment this causes my little pea sized brain.
So this year we didn't go to Stake Conference. I know, the shock, the blasphemy, the total indencency. Will I get to keep my recommend now? We decided to stay at home (and it had nothing to do with the fact that we were up till 1 in the morning.) The kids and I presented daddy with our gifts, which he loved. One of the gifts, however, was too short. Am I the only one that didn't know ties came in lengths? I suppose it makes a certain amount of sense, but sheesh. So I take it back the following day, but by then the tie rack at Kohls had been demolished, and there were no purple ties left, and short ones at that. Yes, I said purple. And it was a beautiful purple. And Doug loved it. Oh well, he likes his shorts I got in lieu of the tie. But anyway, I digress. So for lunch on Father's day, we decided to take a picnic to the new Rancho park by the new Lowes. Did we know it had a water park there? Nope, as the pictures can attest. It was fun watching the boys just get sopping wet and the girls sort of piddling around in it until they too decided to just have at it. All in all, a good day. Doug had steak for dinner so he was happy. (Steak at my house is rare because I don't like steak, and I do the grocery shopping.)
Do you see Zak's pants hanging below his diaper? Just wait and see what happened to the poor boy.
And it begins....
Going.....
Going....
Going....
And....
THUD!!!
Didn't his parents try to help hime? Didn't they see his need? Didn't they foresee the calamity befalling this child as his pants strangled his wee little legs? Well, yup, they sure did, but they were having too much fun taking pictures and laughing. Luckily, the fall didn't hurt him and his owies were oohed and aahed over. And since there was no towel to wrap him up in (since we had no idea there was a water park there!!!) we did what any other self-respecting parent would do.
We used the tablecloth.
And then we changed his incredibly heavy, I swear 10 pound diaper. Doug couldn't resist getting a picture of this delightful rear end. Why do you suppose bums are only cute when you're little?
All in all, a very entertaining Father's Day!!
Where the Crazy turns into something Amazing
About Me
- kristin
- I'm a stay at home mom who's found blogging to be the best way to vent rationally. I love spending time with my family. This blog is my journal, since I find journaling to be somewhat tedious, so if you visit often, just know that things will be "real."
My Motivating Quote
Pull up your big girl panties and figure it out!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Father's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Older Posts
Quest with a camera
Journal Jar Prattle
Blogging is Good for You
Completely Engrossed
Fast-idious Genes
Half Assedness
In the Mind of a 4 yr. old
Moral Mirrors
My Crazy LIfe
My Epiphany
No Secrets in This House
One of THOSE days
Orange Chicken
Potty Training 1 year later
The Main Reason I BLog
Trauma Drama
Blog Archive
-
►
2012
(11)
- ► 12/30 - 01/06 (1)
- ► 12/16 - 12/23 (2)
- ► 10/21 - 10/28 (1)
- ► 09/09 - 09/16 (1)
- ► 01/22 - 01/29 (1)
- ► 01/15 - 01/22 (1)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (2)
- ► 01/01 - 01/08 (2)
-
►
2011
(43)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (2)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (2)
- ► 11/27 - 12/04 (2)
- ► 11/13 - 11/20 (4)
- ► 11/06 - 11/13 (4)
- ► 08/14 - 08/21 (2)
- ► 07/24 - 07/31 (1)
- ► 07/03 - 07/10 (1)
- ► 06/26 - 07/03 (1)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (2)
- ► 05/29 - 06/05 (1)
- ► 05/08 - 05/15 (1)
- ► 04/24 - 05/01 (1)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (1)
- ► 04/10 - 04/17 (1)
- ► 04/03 - 04/10 (2)
- ► 03/27 - 04/03 (1)
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (1)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (1)
- ► 03/06 - 03/13 (2)
- ► 02/27 - 03/06 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (2)
- ► 01/30 - 02/06 (1)
- ► 01/23 - 01/30 (1)
- ► 01/16 - 01/23 (1)
- ► 01/02 - 01/09 (4)
-
►
2010
(42)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (4)
- ► 11/28 - 12/05 (2)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (2)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (1)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (1)
- ► 10/31 - 11/07 (2)
- ► 10/17 - 10/24 (1)
- ► 09/12 - 09/19 (1)
- ► 09/05 - 09/12 (1)
- ► 08/29 - 09/05 (1)
- ► 08/22 - 08/29 (2)
- ► 08/15 - 08/22 (2)
- ► 08/01 - 08/08 (2)
- ► 07/11 - 07/18 (2)
- ► 07/04 - 07/11 (1)
- ► 06/20 - 06/27 (2)
- ► 06/13 - 06/20 (1)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (1)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (1)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (1)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (2)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (2)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (2)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (1)
- ► 01/17 - 01/24 (1)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (2)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (1)
-
►
2009
(31)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (2)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (1)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (1)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (1)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (2)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (1)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (1)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (1)
- ► 05/31 - 06/07 (3)
- ► 05/24 - 05/31 (1)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (2)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (1)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (2)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (2)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (1)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (1)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (1)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (1)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (2)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (1)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (1)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (1)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (1)
-
▼
2008
(59)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (1)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (1)
- ► 12/07 - 12/14 (2)
- ► 11/30 - 12/07 (2)
- ► 11/23 - 11/30 (1)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (1)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (1)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (1)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (1)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (1)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 09/14 - 09/21 (1)
- ► 09/07 - 09/14 (2)
- ► 08/31 - 09/07 (1)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (1)
- ► 08/17 - 08/24 (3)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 08/03 - 08/10 (3)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (1)
- ► 07/20 - 07/27 (2)
- ► 07/13 - 07/20 (3)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (3)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (1)
- ► 06/22 - 06/29 (2)
- ► 06/08 - 06/15 (2)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (3)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (1)
- ► 05/11 - 05/18 (1)
- ► 04/27 - 05/04 (1)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (1)
- ► 04/13 - 04/20 (1)
- ► 04/06 - 04/13 (2)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (2)
- ► 03/16 - 03/23 (1)
- ► 03/09 - 03/16 (1)
- ► 03/02 - 03/09 (1)
- ► 01/27 - 02/03 (1)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (1)
Photography Sites I love
My Blog List
-
-
5 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
-
15 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
18 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
-
-
15 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
7 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
-
14 years ago
-
-
-
Funny Things The Kids Say
One day Andon and I were talking about our hearts. He asked me how they worked, I gave him an explanation a 4 y r old could understand, (the only one I understand.) The very next day, I said something to Zak. Something that went along the lines of, "quit that!" or some such demand. Andon then says to me: "Mommy, listen to your heart. That's not very nice." Needless to say I felt like a complete and total toad. Just goes to show that you can always learn more from your children than you could ever teach them yourself.While we were camping, Andon and our friend's son were sitting next to one another. Brayden who is 15 says to Andon, "I've known you since you were a baby." Andon replies, "I've known me since I was a baby too!"
Brittnee is our funny bone. The things she says sometimes are so dang funny! One day, as she was walking by Doug she says, "Hello, my good man." We both looked at her and we both began cracking up. This is how she's referred to him lately.
I was sitting on the couch taking a breather after dinner and Andon walks past me into the kitchen. He had a car in his hand and as he walked by the fridge he must have dropped it because I heard him say, "tartar sauce!" I suppose I should limit his sponge bob watching.
I was in the car with the kids coming home from Britt's tap class and she was telling me about the school BBQ that day. She mentioned that her friend got sick. I asked her what happened and she said, "Layla has lots of diseases so she had to go home." I didn't think I heard her clearly, so I repeated back, "diseases?" Britt said, "Yes, Diseases." By this time I was truly perplexed because I knew she didn't really mean disease, but I couldn't figure out what she DID mean. Then Teaghan pipes up and says, "You mean ALLERGIES?" Brittnee says, "Oh yeah, that's what it is. ALLERGIES!" I laughed heartily, the kind where your shoulders shake and your stomach hurts.
We were at the school today, and on one of the playgrounds is these cubes that turn. On them are the states and their capitols. There's quite a few of them, and they're all blue. Zakry starts playing with them and turning them all, and then I hear, "mommy, look, a car wash." I suppose the large blue cubes reminded him of the car wash we went on last week. So funny!!

8 comments:
Love the pics. Great new camera. But on Sunday??? hehe Glad you had a nice day. luv ya all
Once we put little Mac in the pool with a regular diaper on and that alone doubled her weight. Which makes me wonder about the "swimmers" diapers. Obviously they are not soaking up the water like a regular diaper, but where does the "other" stuff go? Things that make you go hmmmmm.
Dan
Great camera shots! And I'm so with you on letting the kid fall, and taking pictures. It's not like he was going to die after all, and getting pictures of that kind of stuff is way more fun than parenting!
The last Stake Conference we had Bryan and I were both in the hall almost the whole time with Cambree and Brody. I think at that point I would have rather been at a water park having fun ;)I'm wondering if your youngest is the one that was born on July 15th? I was thinking the other day that we had a baby on the sameday but couldn't remember. Anyone...let me know because now I'm curious. Oh and I'm glad to hear that your mother-in-laws house was ok in Paradise, that was so scary. Anytime you guys pass through this summer, please call me and come by. I would love to see, the girls would love it too I'm sure.
I am glad to see that we aren't the only ones who have turned the apostate way. Our primary kids sang in sac. meeting but they never gave anything out for fathers day. No candy bars or anything. Poor Seth. I love seeing pictures of the kids!
What a fun day! You will have to let me know where that park is? I thought we knew of every park within a 200 mile radius! Too funny about letting Zak fall. I remember when Brennen was little and he got his head stuck in bannister rungs. I eventually unstuck his head ... but not before I got a picture of his cute, crying, pathetic little face!
Isn't it great that we take joy in taking pictures of our cute kids as they are falling on their faces or in my case right after she fell. If I could have gotten a picture of her actually falling I totally would have:) But I think Aaron would have killed me...He wasn't too happy about the after math either...
I want your camera!! The pics are awesome!
Love the going...going...thud pics!
Post a Comment